St Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation
Would you like to go to work every day knowing your work is important and meaningful?
Do you want to go home at the end of the day feeling that you have made a difference?
The SFVHF has a rich history of inspiring people to invest in the future of our local healthcare organizations; (St Francis Memorial Hospital, Valley Manor Long Term Care & MV Hospice Palliative Care) working as partners with our generous community of donors to enhance exceptional healthcare.
It is within this exciting context and due to the upcoming retirement of the incumbent we are looking for the next full time Executive Director (ED) to oversee our dynamic and progressive fundraising organization.
The Executive Director will be a visionary, results orientated leader, a passionate champion of healthcare with proven leadership at a senior level. Being very people-oriented, the ED inspires our organization and community, connecting people with opportunities. The ED’s leadership style creates an engaging and collaborative approach to realizing the Foundation’s vision and direction. An avid learner, the candidate brings a continuous improvement culture to the organization.
He/she will possess management abilities highlighted by a proven track record of nonprofit administration, management of day to day operations, strong business and financial acumen, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, comfort with public speaking and experience working in the not for profit sector with a volunteer Board of Directors.
A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual with initiative & drive to succeed in a complex, fast paced environment, the candidate will be a strategic, innovative thinker with the ability to problem solve. This leader has expertise in the core areas of fundraising including direct mail, major gifts, campaigns, special events and planned giving, preferably in a healthcare setting. They will also have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with supporters and potential donors.
In addition to the above, please note the following qualifications and experience
• Undergraduate degree/diploma in Business, Communications, Fundraising, Marketing/Public Relations or related field
• Highly developed communication skills both oral and written including correspondence, solicitation materials, newsletters
• Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
• Valid driver’s license
• Recognized professional certification (CFRE/fundraising management certificate ) and membership affiliations ( AFP, AHP) an asset
• Knowledge of related standards, legislation and best practices in fundraising
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, and familiar with donor software
• Ability to oversee a full range of fundraising special events, with demonstrated success with major gifts and capital campaigns, managing multiple priorities and projects within deadlines; knowledge of fundraising standards and practices
• Progressive fundraising experience preferably in a healthcare environment
• Experience of working with a small nonprofit organization, rural communities, and a volunteer Board
• Demonstrated success managing people with excellent relationship building skills
If you are the ideal candidate for this position, we would like to hear from you!!
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of intent and resume Attn. Karen Tierney, Board Chair by Aug 28th to email@example.com
or mail to: SFVH Foundation, 7 St Francis Memorial Drive, Box 129 Barry’s Bay, ON K0J 1B0
A detailed copy of the job description is available at www.sfvhfoundation.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
Monday, August 12, 2019
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
St Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation
Executive Director - Position Description
Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director (ED) provides leadership to develop, direct and execute all activities of the Foundation on behalf of our Healthcare partners (St Francis Memorial Hospital, Valley Manor Long term care and MV Hospice Palliative Care) with the purpose of inspiring people to support exceptional healthcare in our community. The ED is responsible for carrying out the strategic plan while promoting the mission, vision and values of the Foundation.
Leadership and Managerial:
• Promotes the Foundation’s mission, vision and values to internal and external stakeholders, partners and the general public
• Oversees all operations and manages human/financial resources of the Foundation, in an effective and efficient manner
• Managing multiple priorities and projects, achieving objectives
• Provides effective leadership and direction to staff and volunteers
• Works collaboratively with the Healthcare partner’s management teams and Boards as needed and required
Strategy, Planning and Execution:
• Develops the organization’s strategic and annual plan in conjunction with the Board and its strategic goals and directions
• Executes, monitors, adjusts as necessary and evaluates and reports on the strategic plan; implements plan with the operational team
• Develops and delivers annual plan for fundraising operations, budget and communications and marketing
• Is key liaison for media and communications for the foundation and the HealthCare partners
• Liaises with Healthcare organization’s leadership regarding fundraising priorities and other strategic issues
• Promotes collaboration and alignment with the Healthcare Partners
Donor/Stakeholder Relations & Fundraising:
• Acts as key spokesperson for the Foundation
• Addresses the fundraising needs of the partners by ensuring that the Foundation has a diversified mix of proactive fundraising revenue initiatives
• Builds the case for equipment needs that will motivate donors to give
• Determines approach, goals and resources for existing and new philanthropic revenue streams
• Provides fundraising leadership and direction for all fundraising revenue streams
• Develops and achieves fundraising targets and timelines
• Keeps abreast of emerging issues and trends in the non-profit sector and the healthcare sector
• Establishes, cultivates and maintains positive communications and relationships with donors
• Plans and/or oversees all fundraising initiatives including direct mail, major gifts, campaigns, special events, and planned giving
• Develops implements and evaluates communications marketing and media plans for the Foundation including campaign/project specific key messages, key stories and overall communications plan
• Acts as an inspiring spokesperson for the organization, preparing strategic messaging to align with the current focus
• Attends events and participates in community activities to establish personal and SFVH profile and credibility and to build networks and supporters
• Writes donor and foundation correspondence , including solicitation materials, newsletters, acknowledgments , emails and meeting follow ups
• Participates in recruitment and development of new Board members and supports assessment and growth of the Board
• Communicates effectively with the Board and provides in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
• Supports the Board on all strategic agenda items
• Provides to the Board appropriate policy recommendations
• Supports the Board in addressing needs of major stakeholders
• Acts as fundraising expert and advises, educates the Board on fundraising best practices
• Ensures transparent stewardship of donations
• Develops and executes an annual operating budget in support of overall organizational direction and in conjunction with the Foundation’s annual plan and the future strategic directions of the organization
• Ensures comprehensive financial reporting and appropriate analysis to the Board
• Oversees, directs and manages banking, investments, and securities
• Ensures all regulatory and reporting requirements are met and maintains current knowledge of CRA regulations
• Is committed to the vision, mission, values of the SFVH Foundation
• Well respected in the community
• Driven to succeed; results oriented
• Strategic, creative and flexible leader and good problem solver
• Possesses good strategic and facilitation skills; the ability to influence and achieve consensus
• Fosters a culture of philanthropy, employee empowerment and collaboration
• Is a powerful communicator both oral and written
• Compassionate and warm
• Flexibility with work hours, with recognition that nights, weekends, and/or holidays will be necessary for meetings and events
• Ambassador for the healthcare community