Daily Bread Food Bank
Director, Major Gifts and Strategic Partnerships
Location: Greater Toronto Area
The Daily Bread Food Bank is an independent, non-profit, charitable organization fighting to end hunger in our communities. A distribution hub, Daily Bread serves people through food banks and meal programs in 130 member agencies across Toronto, and also works towards long-term solutions to hunger by conducting research and running innovative programs to support people with a low income.
As the largest food bank in Canada, it provides food to 120,000 Torontonians each year through nearly 200 food programs run by its 130 member agencies. Daily Bread also publishes an annual research report on hunger and poverty and supports numerous poverty reduction initiatives like the portable housing benefit, the basic income pilot project, and social assistance rate reforms.
Daily Bread is committed to providing barrier-free access to healthy food for adults and children across the GTA. Last year, with the help of 11,529 volunteers, it processed, packed and delivered 10 million pounds of food to member agencies, and with its strategic purchasing plan, it was able to ensure that its agencies had consistent access to nutrient-dense food options.
The Director Major Gifts & Strategic Partnerships leads and oversees the development and execution of major gift plans in support of the organization’s mission. As part of the Development team, the Director Major Gifts & Strategic Partnerships reports to the Vice President, Philanthropy and, as subject matter expert, leads across functional areas (Annual Giving, Community Fundraising and In-Kind Giving) on pipeline development and donor strategy. The Manager, Corporate Giving is a direct report to this position.
The Director Major Gifts & Strategic Partnerships, is accountable for achieving ambitious revenue and portfolio growth targets, developing compelling cases for support, writing inspiring proposals, developing marketable sponsorship opportunities, providing effective stewardship, and leading team review of donor strategies and actions. The Director Major Gifts & Strategic Partnerships is able to inspire and influence others through their passion for our mission and to instill confidence through superb communications and relationship management.
- A demonstrated track record of closing 5 and 6 figure gifts required and carrying a portfolio of 100 prospects
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of progressive experience in cultivating and securing major gifts from individuals, private foundations and corporations, with demonstrated experience in relationship/moves management leading to top-tier donor retention.
- Strong understanding of moves management bringing professional rigor to donor cultivation; building deep pipelines and demonstrating success through metrics
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work proactively, and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively and present to diverse groups.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office software applications and demonstrated knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT preferred.
- Ability to influence and engage volunteers, champions, supporters and prospective donors who have the potential to make connections and build relationships in support of Daily Bread’s major gift program.
- Financial assessment, budgeting and financial monitoring skills
- Proficient in analytics and conducting own prospect research; someone who is able to ask the right questions, gather and analyze the right data
- Experience working effectively with senior level volunteers
This search is being conducted on behalf of Daily Bread Food Bank by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit & charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By June 24 , 2019, please apply with your cover letter and resume, separately through our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/66/
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 1.866.647.5149.
Issues with applying? Please call 416.977.2913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest separately online, through our website, in confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.