Niagara Health Foundation
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Director of Communications, Marketing and Community Engagement is an integral member of the Foundation’s leadership team. The Director is responsible for overseeing all communication initiatives, community engagement efforts and the event portfolio. This position is responsible for generating significant revenue through annual giving, signature events, sponsorship, and community events. It also provides leadership and direction to the staff, as well as, building Foundation relationships with donors in the external community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support, and assistance in planning, developing, producing and delivering marketing and communications materials.
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the programs.
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading.
- Analyze marketing and communications programs to make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Manages the Foundations’ Annual Giving programs- a series of direct mail appeals to various constituencies to create awareness of the Hospital’s funding needs and secure funds.
- Determines annual giving goals and builds strategic and tactical plans for achieving these goals.
- Focuses on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth.
- Oversee all annual giving and donor relations programs including letter writing and generation, and donor stewardship.
- Oversees the organization of all Foundation special events with a view to maximizing financial support, building Foundation profile, and enhancing Foundation relationships in the community.
- Generates new creative ideas for special events.
- Ensures regular review of existing events to ensure relevance, success and cost effectiveness.
- Encourages third parties to organize successful events for the Niagara Health System.
- Organizes all aspects of Annual Community Update and Donor reception.
- Sets annual revenue and expense budget for areas of responsibility and adheres to approved budget.
- Liaises with Niagara Health System staff; Niagara Health Foundation and Board Members were appropriate.
- Supports major gift efforts with specially tailored events as required.
- Manages a personal portfolio of donors.
- Generates sponsorship revenue for Niagara Health Foundation.
- Drafts sponsorship proposals for prospective sponsors.
- Works with appropriate Foundation staff in identifying prospective sponsors.
- Develops a sponsorship package which is individually tailored to specific sponsors and which outlines role Foundation can play in supporting third party events.
- Solicits sponsorship in person and by mail.
- Works closely with volunteers in soliciting sponsorship where appropriate.
- Collaborates with Niagara Health Foundation President, Senior Development Campaign Director, and Leadership team to ensure donors and prospects are appropriately recognized and informed.
- Partners with Niagara Health System Communications department on community events where appropriate.
- Works with Senior Development Campaign Director and Data & Administrative Manager to ensure upkeep and accuracy of donor recognition listings/walls.
- Conducts an annual performance review with all team members.
- Effectively communicates and presents the critical financial matters to the President & CEO.
- Coaches and supports individual team members and ensures regular and consistent guidance.
- Grows the cause marketing portfolio with new revenue
- Implements an optimal mix for marketing tactics to meet special event goals.
- Develops metrics to measure effectiveness and efficiency of event marketing.
- Leads the development of a communications plan to grow an effective and comprehensive Grateful Patient Program.
- Leads the direct mail program tribute/ memorial gift program, monthly giving and hospital staff fundraising.
- Determines annual revenue and expense goals and adheres to budget.
- Develops an annual staff lottery and meets budget expectations.
- Works with vendors to negotiate and secure pricing
- Collaborates with Staff and Volunteers
- Recruits, trains and motivates Volunteers
- 4 Direct Reports
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in event management, marketing or business
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in event management and fundraising
- Strong staff management Skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- Proficiency in social media emerging trends and strategies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
- Ability to work in Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Knowledge of MS Office suite including Work, Excel and PowerPoint
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
We regret that only those candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted personally. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Niagara Health Foundation.