Burlington Museums Foundation
Burlington Museums Foundation is committed to raising funds and friends in support of Burlington’s Museums, Joseph Brant Museum and Ireland House at Oakridge Farm.
Reporting through the Chair, Burlington Museums Foundation, the Development Officer will report to the Burlington Museums Foundation.
The Development Officer will attend the monthly meeting of the Burlington Museums Foundation, build new and maintain current donor relations with the support of board members and Museums Staff.
This is a permanent part time contract position, reviewed annually.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage fundraising strategies supporting the financial goals of the Burlington Museums Foundation.
- Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive database that captures all relevant information, as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Plan and organize impactful events related to donor and volunteer appreciation events, announcements, tours and milestone celebrations to motivate increased and continued support.
- Monitor donor records and donor commitments.
- Be responsible for the Foundation’s website and related social media.
- Develop a membership program.
- Create a regular bi-monthly newsletter to share with donors, partners, and supporters.
- Adheres to all Foundation policies and procedures regarding the integrity, security and appropriate use of information in keeping with the wishes of all donors and stakeholders and relevant privacy legislation.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at the Foundation and the Museums of Burlington on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship initiatives.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising or special events planning would be ideal.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in fundraising.
- Strong communication and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors and/or clients.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in using the MS Office suite.
- Experience with a donor relations digital database an important asset.
Applicants are invited to apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 18, 2019. Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single document and include your name and “Development Officer Position” in the file name.
We thank all job applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.