St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation
St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation
Located in the heart of Kitchener, St. Mary’s is the second-largest acute care hospital in the St. Joseph’s Health System and is a Regional Cardiac Care Centre. It proudly serves the residents of Waterloo, Wellington County, and extends its reach to Dufferin, Grey-Bruce and beyond.
Its nearly 2,000 staff, physicians and volunteers provide excellent, compassionate care to hundreds of thousands of patients and families every year in its core areas of clinical focus: Cardiac Care (Regional Cardiac Centre), Respiratory Care (Level 1 Thoracic Surgery Centre), Outpatient (Day) Surgery, General Medicine, 24/7 Emergency Care.
While the Foundation was formally incorporated in 1986 to act as the official fundraising arm of the hospital, St. Mary’s has counted on the generosity of its community since 1924. Its goal is to tell the stories that make the hospital great and to ask the community to invest in St. Mary’s mission of healing and hope.
Reporting to the Director of Leadership Development, the Development Officer, Leadership Gifts will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major donors and prospects in support of the annual goals and objectives of St. Mary’s General Hospital Foundation. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects representing individuals, foundations, corporations, community associations and service clubs for the purpose of securing support for priority needs at the hospital.
- Develop and implement strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Advance prospects and donors through the donor cycle by developing new and fostering ongoing relationships in the community.
- Develop and deliver compelling proposals and presentations
- Ensure accurate tracking of all gift, solicitation and donor information within Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the hospital and the funding priorities.
- Work collaboratively with the entire Foundation team to maximize gift opportunities as well as to ensure donors are appropriately stewarded.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fundraising environment.
- A proven track record of soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact meaningfully with senior volunteers, donors, hospital staff and physicians.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to work proactively, managing multiple competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of the Waterloo region.
- Legacy giving experience.
- Raiser’s Edge experience is preferred.
- Available to work weekend and evening hours, as required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Above all we are looking for a great team player with the ability to contribute quickly and an enthusiasm towards the donor-centered fundraising approach.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter on interest in one document / attachment online no later than June 27th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.