St. Joseph's Healthcare Foundation
Location: Hamilton, ON
Employment Type: Contract (13-month)
Development Officer: Donor Relations & Communications
Job Status: 13-month contract (full-time)
Reporting: Reports to the Director of Development
The Foundation requires a Development Officer (DO) who can excel in a diverse portfolio to support the Foundation in cultivating and stewarding crucial relationships. The position requires an individual with strong writing and communications skills to craft stewardship reports, draft donor correspondence, and coordinate donor-centred activity, which may include some event planning.
- Develop, in collaboration with Development Team staff, materials for major gift donors and prospects, including stewardship reports, thank you letters, naming opportunity descriptions, fundraising and recognition proposals.
- Coordinate stewardship activity for all other Foundation programs, including Annual Fund, Events, and Planned Giving.
- In collaboration with Communications team, ensure donor communication is consistent with overarching Hospital and Foundation key messages.
- Ensure recognition and stewardship obligations are included in customized stewardship plans and tracked on Raisers’ Edge.
- Plan and execute gift announcements and events (virtual and/or in-person) for major gift and gift planning donors. This will involve convening key players, agendas and speaking notes, while acting as the primary lead on the organization and logistics of the announcement/event.
- Maximize the use of Raiser’s Edge as a tool for documenting naming opportunities and implementing and executing cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Manage the donor naming approval process and inventory of naming opportunities, along with the coordination of updating donor walls and recognition vehicles, such as donor signage and plaquing.
- Other special projects as required.
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum three years’ experience or recent completion of a post-secondary fundraising program
- Strong communications skills, especially written (reports and correspondence)
- Strong skills in Microsoft tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and ability to work as a team player
- Experience in healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset, as is working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising software.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Deadline for Applications: January 8, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter to:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Attn: Development Officer Posting
224 James Street South
Hamilton, ON L8P 3A9
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with heading: Development Officer
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.