Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic fundraising professional to join Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation as the Development Officer, Annual Giving.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Development and working in close partnership with the entire Development team, the Development Officer, Annual Giving will manage the annual individual giving programs including direct mail, online, monthly, in-tribute and in-memoriam. The Development Officer, Annual Giving will identify, cultivate and steward a portfolio of prospects and donors with the capacity for gifts up to $4,999 to the Foundation.
These responsibilities are accomplished while actively participating in a fast-paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires a motivated and creative individual with demonstrated relationship building skills.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
Founded by a group of citizens eager for a community hospital, Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) opened its doors in 1961 and doubled in size in 1971. JBH is the only acute care hospital in Burlington, serving more than a quarter of a million people from Burlington and communities in Halton and Hamilton including Waterdown, Flamborough, Stoney Creek and east Hamilton. The Hospital is regarded as a leader in implementing best practices in a patient and family approach to care, rooted in organizational values known as the CARE (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) Commitment.
The Hospital provides a range of primary and secondary services, including specialty clinical services. It also participates in, and supports, key regional programs including cancer care, vascular and thoracic services, cardiac care and maternal and newborn services. The Emergency Department supports the local community and handles approximately 44,000 annual visits.
It’s an exciting time at JBH! Just last fall, the redevelopment and expansion of Joseph Brant Hospital was completed. The project was the largest redevelopment in Burlington’s history, adding the brand new 400,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower to the Hospital campus, along with myriad new and expanded clinical areas including a fully renovated Ambulatory Care Centre and Diagnostic Imaging Department.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital. We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters, to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
The Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation was recently named a recipient of the 2018 Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice Award once again. This award recognizes non-profits whose exemplary talent management practices support successful mission delivery in the communities they serve.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Manage a personal portfolio of annual individual giving prospects and donors, personally conducting a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects/donors on an annual basis to help secure and retain donors and funds
- Support the development, integration, execution, and analysis of all facets of the direct mail, online giving, monthly giving, in-tribute and in-memoriam programs
- Work closely with the Assoc. Director, Development and Senior Development Officer, Individual Giving, to ensure the strategic integration of the major, individual and planned giving programs to maximize each donor’s journey
- Work closely with Chief Communications Officer to develop digital acquisition strategies to maximize online donations with a particular focus on new donor acquisition
- Deliver exceptional donor recognition and transformative stewardship
- Provide timely and accurate reports on the progress towards annual goals and objectives for the individual annual giving programs
- Work with the Donor Relations Officer to ensure timely and accurate gift administration
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions and reports through hard and soft copy files, and within the donor database (Raisers Edge)
- Liaise with Foundation and Hospital staff
- Support colleagues and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Development team and the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success with annual giving and digital fundraising programs
- Knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs and Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Must have strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills coupled with exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner are essential
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset
- Marketing and communications experience an asset.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director, Development
Closing Date: September 20, 2019
Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.