Community Foundation of Mississauga
The Community Foundation of Mississauga is a dynamic, growing registered charitable public foundation serving one of Canada's most exciting communities. We work with donors to create endowed funds that provide a lasting philanthropic legacy, and in turn, make grants to the broadest range of programs and services that contribute to the quality of life in our community. Together with our donors, dedicated volunteers, stakeholders and staff, we are committed to building an effective and high impact community foundation. Together, we are making a lasting difference.
You are an enthusiastic fundraiser that is results oriented, has demonstrated know-how and is looking for an opportunity where you will be a valued and integral part of a growing organization that shares your vision for excellence. You are self-directed but are able to build and foster the creativity and ideas that come from working within great teams. You enjoy digging in and working hard when you can readily see the positive impact of your efforts.
Under the direction of the President & CEO and working in collaboration with the volunteer Donor Development Committee and other special event committees, the Development Manager is responsible for the Foundation’s operational fundraising programs. Activities include: special events, partnership cultivation and solicitation, prospect and donor development, stewardship, corporate and organizational support, volunteer recruitment, management and recognition, budgeting, program evaluation, reporting and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the President & CEO and relevant committee volunteers, develop, implement and evaluate an annual fundraising plan focussed on activities and opportunities that generate operational revenue
- Provide timely, accurate reporting on activity outcomes to the President & CEO and relevant committees with a particular focus on variances that can significantly affect approved budgets
Stakeholder Relationships and Partner Development:
- Develop and implement a robust Partnership Program
- Develop and maintain prospect lists for Partnership Program and event sponsorships
- Create solicitation strategies and materials as appropriate for Partnership Program; ensure timely implementation of solicitation program, in conjunction with volunteers and the President & CEO
- Coordinate the activities of volunteers to ensure that all development efforts are implemented in order to meet/exceed approved financial goals and maintain compliance with applicable policies and regulatory guidance
- Schedule and attend all relevant committee meetings; prepare and maintain record keeping related to committee meetings
- Ensure appropriate volunteer, donor and sponsor recognition and stewardship including accurate and timely receipting, acknowledgement and appreciation, newsletter articles, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact
- Administer Partnership Program benefits, acknowledgement and stewardship
- Using the Foundation’s database, ensure timely and accurate record keeping. Produce reports and queries as needed. Verify reports with other internal financial reports
- Develop clear, achievable and well-articulated plans for all Foundation-led special event fundraising initiatives, including a written plan and associated budget
- Create and manage critical path for each event, manage to deadlines and budgets; provide regular updates to the Donor Development Committee
- Provide oversight and leadership to the successful implementation of Foundation-led events including logistics, liaising with suppliers, stakeholders, donors, volunteers, participants, media and special guests, and is on-site leader for events, providing leadership to event volunteers
- Develop and manage event communication and marketing plans
- Source and secure ticket sales, silent auction donations, additional sponsorships and other contributions that impact the financial success of the event
- Review all fundraising events annually, creating a written report and make recommendations to adjust future activities as needed
- Secure, support and appropriately acknowledge organizations and individuals hosting third party fundraising events supporting the Foundation’s operating budget goals
- Manage and evaluate annual corporate sponsor activities. Develop effective tracking tools for year over year analysis and program review
- Contribute content to publications such as newsletters, the annual report, website, etc.
- In consultation with President & CEO, set social media goals and strategies for areas of direct responsibility. Plan and implement electronic/social media in support of Foundation activities. Actively implement social media schedule, monitor impact and report progress to the President & CEO
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in major fundraising special events and sponsorships with a strong command of best practices
- Project management, budgeting and program analysis experience
- Experience identifying, securing and stewarding major partners and sponsors
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated ability to establish productive working relationships with volunteers, vendors and staff
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to work efficiently and strategically under pressure
- Advanced computer skills (Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and advanced social media expertise
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings
- Interest in working toward Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) qualification
- Qualified individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and abilities would be a great fit.
Please send to Anne Marie Peirce, President & CEO by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on February 16, 2018.
For more information about Community Foundation of Mississauga visit: www.cfofm.org
The Community Foundation of Mississauga is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.