Royal Botanical Gardens
Royal Botanical Gardens is the largest botanical garden in Canada and one of the largest in the world. With over 2,700 acres of cultivated gardens and nature preserves, it is also one of the biggest urban nature sanctuaries and marshland restoration sites in North America. With its extraordinary land holdings, breathtaking landscapes, biodiversity, collections, facilities, educational and conservation programs, RBG is a top-rated biodiversity specialist and a global leader in its sector.
The Business Development and Community Engagement Division of the organization recently completed a $20M Capital Campaign for the Rock Garden and new additional Visitor Center attached to this garden. The organization is also currently completing a 25-year Master Plan that will have significant impact and expectations of the fundraising division. As a result of the incoming Master Plan campaign and the annual steady growth in revenue and donors for the past five years, the division is in need of a Development Coordinator to support two of the Division’s fundraising portfolios and our plan of continued growth.
The Development Coordinator is an integral role responsible for administratively coordinating and supporting our Division’s two key areas of revenue development – Annual Giving and Membership. The portfolio will be broken out as follows:
- Administration (Raiser’s Edge entry and updating, tax receipts, donation processing): 70%
- Prospect Identification, Cultivation and Stewardship (includes events): 20%
- Donor communications (inquiries, thank you letters): 10%
Reporting to the Development Officer overseeing Annual Giving and Membership, this role is responsible for the following areas:
ANNUAL GIVING AND MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT:
- Act as the front line for all member and donor inquiries
- Process all donations made to the organization
- Issue thank you letters and tax receipts
- Support Annual Giving and Membership by executing various telephone campaigns
- Assist and provide support in donor and prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship as required
- Coordinate development of marketing material to promote the Annual Giving and Membership Program
- Assist in planning and execution of recognition activities and events as they relate to the Annual Giving and Membership programs
- Coordinate the Direct Mail Programs
- Coordinate the Memorial/Tribute program
- Support development events logistically and administratively (e.g. Third-Party event, member lectures, etc.)
- In collaboration with Marketing, coordinate donor communications (e.g. website updates and changes, social media, quarterly magazine, e-blasts, ads, etc.)
- Provide support and coordination of volunteers as required by the Division
- Provide data entry back up to Development Assistant during peak membership sale periods
- In collaboration with the Development Officer coordinate the recruitment and scheduling of summer students
- Assist in the development of annual strategic plans for the Division
- Actively participate in external associations and programs related to the role and profession as appropriate and required
- Other duties as assigned including supporting and assisting other revenue portfolios as needed within the Division
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Innovative, organized and efficient
- Good sense of humor
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work various hours including evenings and weekends, as required
- Experience working with The Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
- Strong aptitude for working with various computer programs
- 3+ years working in a development or sales office environment
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience working in donation and membership processing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – sales background preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of major gifts, planned giving and moves management systems
- Experience and proven success in working on event logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have daily access to a vehicle
A satisfactory Police Records Check will be required of the successful candidates, at their expense.
RBG offers a competitive salary.
Please submit a resume and cover letter including salary expectations as soon as possible as we will be filling the position quickly. Please apply online.
RBG is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians Act. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.