Please note this position is being re-posted due to changes to qualifications.
Applications are invited for the position of Data Analyst in the Development & Alumni Relations department at Niagara College, located at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus. The starting hourly wage rate is $28.71/hour for a 35/hour work week. Additional hours may be required at peak periods.
Reporting to the Director of Development, Development & Alumni Relations, the Data Analyst is responsible for administering, managing, maintaining and operating the department database system comprised of constituent records for donors, prospects, alumni, and other partners and stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database administrator, proficient in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, the incumbent is responsible for the setup, maintenance and proper use of the database, and customizing the system to departmental needs.
The incumbent develops and monitors guidelines and standards for data management, establishes the access needs of database users and controls access permissions and privileges to maintain data integrity, and provides training and technical support to departmental staff to contribute to and ensure accuracy, maintenance, protection and integrity of the data.
The incumbent is the key contact role for internal staff requests for information from the database, including reports, queries and statistical analysis to support fundraising, donor stewardship and alumni communications, strategic decision-making, and troubleshooting issues on behalf of the users.
The incumbent is responsible for entering, updating, and maintaining donor, prospect and alumni constituent records in the database, including the import of new graduate data from the PeopleSoft database, reconciling to verify data is complete and accurate.
The incumbent is responsible for gift entry processing, tracking donations and pledges, in accordance with departmental procedures and protocols, preparing various reports, including financial reports to reconcile deposits with departmental and Financial Services records.
The incumbent will create and run customized queries, exports and reports to monitor the integrity of the data stored in the database, and to measure donor data and metrics to support strategic decision-making.
The incumbent supports alumni engagement activities by entering and maintaining alumni records in database and creating customized queries to generate mailing lists, event invitee lists and other ad hoc reports.
- Two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Computer Programming or Business
- Three (3) years work experience in development/advancement or related field managing a CRM database for philanthropy and fundraising events
- Preferred candidates ideally have advanced experience and a high level of proficiency with the Raiser’s Edge fundraising software/database
- High level of proficiency with office productivity software, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and presentation software (PowerPoint)
- Very detail-oriented with the ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines relating to philanthropy, sponsorship and fundraising activities would be an asset
- Solid understanding of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics, policies and procedures is a definite asset
- Experience with Salesforce CRM database is an asset
A Position Description Form is available for review in Human Resources during the posting period.
Interested applicants must apply to this posting through the Niagara College Careers External Website.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (i.e.: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/ca/).
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Consultant.