Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and accomplished fundraising professional to join the Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation (JBHF) as the Associate Director, Development.
Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, and working in close partnership with the entire Development Team, the Associate Director, Development will lead the overall strategic objectives of the events, lotteries and corporate giving portfolios.
With a particular focus on expanding corporate partnerships, the Associate Director, Development will oversee the development, integration, execution, and analysis of internal/external events, lotteries and corporate giving to maximize revenue generation across the programs.
These responsibilities are accomplished while actively participating in a fast-paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires a motivated and creative individual with demonstrated leadership and relationship building skills.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
Founded by a group of citizens eager for a community hospital, Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) opened its doors in 1961 and doubled in size in 1971. JBH is the only acute care hospital in Burlington, serving more than a quarter of a million people from Burlington and communities in Halton and Hamilton including Waterdown, Flamborough, Stoney Creek and East Hamilton. The Hospital is regarded as a leader in implementing best practices in a patient and family approach to care, rooted in organizational values known as the CARE (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) Commitment.
The Hospital provides a range of primary and secondary services, including specialty clinical services. It also participates in, and supports, key regional programs including cancer care, vascular and thoracic services, cardiac care and maternal and newborn services. The Emergency Department supports the local community and handles approximately 44,000 annual visits.
It’s an exciting time at JBH as the largest redevelopment in Burlington’s history has been completed. Beginning with the Halton McMaster Family Health Centre, which opened in the spring of 2015, JBH also opened the new, state-of-the-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower in the summer of 2017 and in the fall of 2018, redevelopment of our original tower including a fully renovated Ambulatory Care Centre, and the expansion of our Diagnostic Imaging Department to double its original size was completed.
Most recently, JBH achieved Accreditation with Exemplary Standing for the period of 2018 - 2022, the highest possible designation for an accredited organization. This is the second consecutive time JBH has achieved the distinction of Exemplary Standing which is awarded to organizations that go beyond Accreditation Canada’s requirements and demonstrate excellence in quality improvement.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital. We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
The Our New Era Campaign in support of the new Joseph Brant Hospital surpassed its goal of $60M, raising an unprecedented $65M, enabling the incredible transformation of our Hospital, and having a tremendous impact on our community for generations to come. With the successful conclusion of the capital campaign, we are poised to leverage the overwhelming support of the community to support new and emerging priorities which will continue to support our Hospital’s vision of providing exceptional healthcare.
The Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation was recently named a recipient of the 2018 Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice Award once again. This award recognizes non-profits whose exemplary talent management practices support successful mission delivery in the communities they serve.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Lead the development, integration, execution, and analysis of the events, lotteries and corporate giving programs, including annual operating plans and objectives
- Manage a personal portfolio of corporate prospects and donors, moving prospects through the donor cycle and personally conducting a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects on a yearly basis to secure donors and funds
- Provide mentorship and support to two direct reports, establishing and monitoring progress towards annual goals and objectives
- Lead the development of systems to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects, with a focus on maximizing each donor’s journey
- Work with the Donor Relations Officer to ensure gift transactions are processed effectively and efficiently by staff
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the Foundation to ensure excellence in stewardship
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions and reports through hard and soft copy files, and within the donor database (Raisers Edge)
- Liaise with Foundation and Hospital staff
- Support colleagues and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Development team and the Foundation
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals
- Proven ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Previous management or team-lead experience
- Demonstrated success in the identification, cultivation, stewardship and direct personal solicitation of corporate gifts
- Demonstrated success in event and lottery management
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior volunteers
- Knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs and Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Strong communication, presentation, time-management and organization skills
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Chief Development Officer
c/o Ashleigh Medwin, Administrative Assistant to the CDO
Closing Date: November 1, 2019
Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.