Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation
Employment Type: Part-Time; 1 year contract; Hourly rate of $23.32 - $29.15
Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation is a registered charity whose mission is to raise funds for the environmental protection and restoration of the Lake Simcoe watershed. Since 1973, we have worked with our implementation partner, Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority to support critical environmental programs and projects. Our vision is of a community that works together to respect and support a healthy eco-system.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Annual Fund Coordinator will manage the planning, implementation, reporting and assessment of annual fund activities: special events like the annual signature Conservation Dinner and select annual fundraising programs like Conservation Days and Marina’s Program that engage the community and support our mission.
What you offer
• University bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with a post graduate diploma in Fundraising.
• 4-7 years of experience in a non-profit environment or equivalent.
• Experience with event coordination, revenue generation and fundraising.
• Team player with excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Proven ability to raise funds and meet goals.
• Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and e-Tapestry (or other) donor software.
• Strong financial management skills.
• Member of Association of Fundraising Professionals and knowledge of Conservation Authorities and their Foundations is an asset.
What you will do
• Lead all aspects of event and program coordination including planning, budgeting, registration, execution, monitoring, analysis and reporting to both the Executive Director and the LSCF Board of Directors, as required. Recommend changes as required to maximize revenues and effectiveness.
• Manage donor and sponsor acknowledgement and stewardship.
• Manage relationships with external vendors and internal departments to meet annual giving deadlines and goals.
• Provide input and guidance on LSCF’s overall fundraising strategy.
• Cultivate relationships with new and existing donors and sponsors.
• Meet or exceed overall established revenue goals.
• Develop relevant written materials that support fundraising events and programs.
Hours of work
21 hours a week (3 days per week)
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #1-2021, by 4:00 pm on January 25, 2021 to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.