Articles, Links and Interesting Bits
Over the past few months, we've been sharing articles, links and other items that might be of interest.
Check these out:
- Update YOUR Fundraising Thinking: KCI has released a planning guide, providing current insight, guidance, and strategies for moving forward in the months ahead. You will want to check this DOCUMENT out!
- Zoom Meeting Security: One of our AFP GH members reached out to share that they were Zoom bombed during a meeting with volunteers and stakeholders. Are you taking care to ensure that your meetings are protected? Click HERE for some tips.
- Useful Template - Check out this LINK for a framework on communicating your Monthly Giving Plan.
- Are you a “reluctant fundraiser”? Small Shops have so much to do with little resources. Read this PERSPECTIVE on embracing your fundraising mandate.
- Virtual Events Study concluded: Sharing a donation page throughout a virtual event is an underused revenue generation tool. Organizations using this tactic reported more revenue than from their in-person events. To read the full study, click HERE!
- These TEMPLATES have been created specifically for fundraisers to help with messaging during COVID 19
- Advocate for our sector by sending a letter to the federal government urging them to implement the Sector Resilience Grant Program (English letter; French letter)
- Interested in the next generation of philanthropists? This article might be a good read.
- Imagine Canada stays current and relevant, always. This report talks about the challenges charities are facing.
- Maryann Kerr, MA, CFRE (1997-2001) and Tanya Rumble, CFRE, MFA-P™ asked leaders in the social profit sector to share their thoughts on what they hope will be different in the days ahead. Yes, post pandemic. Tanya and Maryann sought thinking based not just on our current reality, but on how things were before we found ourselves in a global crisis Articles linked HERE.
- What our community is saying about direct response fundraising: AFP GH member, Peter Hoppe, reached out to fundraisers in the Golden Horseshoe region; article linked HERE.
- Imagine Canada encourages you to take part in the Government's budgeting process. The House of Commons Finance Committee recently released its call for pre-budget consultation briefs as the government considers its policy priorities for the 2021 federal budget. All charities can be part of this process...and it's important! Read HERE how you can have impact.
- Rotman's Speaker Series - Worth Checking Out! Each year, the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management hosts about 100 public talks by international bestselling authors, top management executives and other influential thought leaders. Click HERE to check out the dates for their upcoming speaker series -- some great topics, for sure!